An important note from Bryan A. Garner
I’m excited to be a part of your legal-writing education, but before you start your program, we have a few legal bits to cover:
- You’re receiving this course-material packet for purchasing the appropriate license for the seminar.
- You, and only you, are allowed to use this course-material packet, its contents and associated contents, for your personal use.
- You’re allowed unrestricted access to print, backup, copy, and use this course-material packet—again, for your personal use.
- Unless LawProse grants explicit permission in writing, you cannot distribute this course-material packet, or its contents and associated contents, to anybody else, whether offline or online. This prohibition, of course, includes modifying the source file and then distributing it.
- Unless LawProse grants explicit permission in writing, resale of the work within this course-material packet, or any portion of it is prohibited. Online or other republication of any of its contents is prohibited.
Violation of this License may result in immediate termination of your seminar license and may result in legal action for injunction, damages, or both.
Thank you for continuing the LawProse tradition of the rules we all learned in kindergarten: (1) say “please” and “thank you,” (2) everything nice and neat, and (3) be a good person and follow the honor code.
Bryan A. Garner