Is this seminar all online?
Yes, the entire seminar is online using Cisco WebEx Training Center.
We’ve found that there is greater participation in our seminars now because of the privacy that participants have in asking questions and submitting answers directly to Professor Garner. They use a private chat box that only goes to the professor, so they feel safer sending things in to him without concerns about others in the seminar seeing the submissions.
This new “safe space” has opened up the dialogue around language usage, insecurities, and even what some would consider “stupid questions.” Whether you believe there are such things as stupid questions, it’s still nice to have some place safe to ask them. And Professor Garner doesn’t take this privilege lightly. He appreciates the enthusiasm as participants open up and chime in during the seminar.
You’ll receive the sign-in details in the seminar-info email thirteen business days before the seminar.
We’ll also send out a seminar-reminder email at 7:00 a.m. CT on the seminar day with login details to make it easy for you. And it’ll be near the top of your inbox to make it easy to find.
Cisco WebEx Training Center
Before the seminar, you’ll receive a seminar-information packet that includes a page titled Two Ways of Getting Into Your Classroom. This guides you to use either (1) the WebEx Desktop App or (2) a browser like Chrome to log into the classroom.
Some government and firm computers may block the WebEx Desktop App from downloading onto the computer so we advise using a browser to log in. The directions are on the sheet provided but you can also follow these steps below:
- Enter into your browser address bar: www.webex.com.
- Click Join Meeting (top right of your screen).
- Enter your Session number into the Meeting Number space in the middle of the screen.
- You’ll arrive at the LawProse WebEx page. Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password (system may prefill in the password with dots—that’s okay too).
- Click the Join by Browser New link.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.